Thursday, November 22, 2007

I've also finally managed to get to Cairo, which was fun. I love those big, crazy cities where you have to worry about getting run over by a taxi every time you try to cross the street (and even when you're minding your own business on the sidewalk). Very similar vibe to Shanghai and Bangkok, me thinks, where they're gonna rip you off with an inflated foreigner tax, but it's so damned cheap that it barely matters anyway (though it's all about the principle!).

Here's a link to my Egypt photos (and yes, I got to the pyramids, thank God):
Cairo


Also, I've managed to get healthy again after my run in at the hospital (dislocated ribs, sprained clavicle). The team is ramping up for the upcoming Dubai 7's Tournament scheduled for next week, and we've been getting the squads picked. I'm lucky enough to know that I'll be on one of the teams that we've registered, but am working hard to get myself on the firsts... steep learning curve though, switching from 15s to 7s, so we'll see how things go. Will definitely post pictures from the event soon though.

No comments: