Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Welcome to Dubai (not Qatar...)

So this is a view of the new Dubai Marina area (where my boss's apartment is), from the coffee shop abutting the marina itself. From the looks of it, Dubai is going through some serious construction... I've heard that 20% of the world's cranes are currently in Dubai, and if they were all here there would still be enough work for 20 more years. Pretty crazy if you ask me.

My coworker and I are currently living in some executive furnished apartments in Jumeira, which is about 15 minutes from here. The office that we're going to get is also not far from Dubai Marina, just about a 10 minute drive to the left of the picture above.

This is a decent shot* from Madinat Jumeira, a sort of outdoor mall/souk (also not far from Dubai Marina), where we grabbed lunch this afternoon with the boss of all bosses, Pedro. He's in town on a stopover to KL. All in all, a pretty good lunch if you ask me: a great view of the Burj Jumeira Hotel, and a decent meal of tuna and veal with some veggies, all topped of with a nice glass of merlot. Life could be worse.

It's been 4 days since my move to Dubai now, and there sure is a lot to take in.

* Both these pics were shot with my little Samsung SGH-P310 phone's camera. Though it's only 2MP, it manages to take some pretty decent shots., don't ya think?

3 comments:

Fall In Line.... said...

Hey....Welcome to Dubai then mate..!!

Keep blogging...!!

Cheers!


Gautam

Anonymous said...

hooray you're back to blogging! it's the only way i can keep up with you it seems. i'm confused on why you are in dubai and not qatar -- maybe adam knows?

gardner.adam said...

Dude I counted 7 cranes in the picture. You're a liar.

Blogging is cool--keep it up. Blogging with pictures is even cooler, because we know you're telling the truth (seriously I made up like half my blog).

Just kidding.